Parish Council Information

The Parish includes the market town of Heathfield and the villages of Waldron, Cross-in-Hand, Broad Oak, Old Heathfield and part of Punnetts Town.

Heathfield is surrounded by the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and, standing high on a ridge, has magnificent vistas to the south from around the High Street.

Originally two parishes, Heathfield and Waldron have a total population of 11,500 scattered amongst several centres. The present village of Old Heathfield was the location of the original settlement. At nearby Cade Street is the Heathfield Beacon, which was erected in 1995 to celebrate VE Day, and the memorial to Jack Cade, who, in 1450, led an insurrection of the common people and was reputedly killed in the vicinity of the memorial by Sheriff Alexander Iden of Kent.