Who does what?
Which organisation is responsible for which service in and around Heathfield.
East Sussex County Council
County Hall, St Anne's Crescent, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1UE.
Opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm and Friday 8.00 am to 4.30 pm.
Contact telephone number 03456080190
East Sussex County Council is responsible for:
- Blue badges (Disabled Drivers)
- Highways & Footpaths (see also East Sussex Highways section below)
- Recycling sites
- Registration services for births, deaths, marriages and citizenship
- Social Services
East Sussex Highways
The Broyle, Ringmer, Lewes, East Sussex BN8 5NP.
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Contact telephone number 03456080193 in an emergency out of opening hours this will automatically transfer to another number.
East Sussex Highways are responsible for:
- Footpaths and bridleways
- Grass cutting and verges
- Grit bins
- Overhanging trees/shrubs
- Pot holes in roads and pavements
- Road lines and signage
- Street lighting
- Traffic signals
Heathfield and Waldron Parish Council
3 High Street, Heathfield, East Sussex TN21 8HU.
Opening hours 9.30 am to 3.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Telephone 01435 865700
Heathfield and Waldron Parish Council are responsible for:
- Allotments at Punnetts Town and Theobalds Green
- Burial Ground at St Bartholomews, Cross in Hand
- Bus shelters
- CCTV cameras
- Dog waste bins (on Parish Council land only)
- Flower displays in High Street/trough at A267/B2096 junction
- Grants to voluntary bodies
- Maintenance and upkeep of Skatepark
- Maintenance of finger posts
- Maintenance of High Street Clock and Town Signs
- Mill Road public conveniences
- Noticeboards belonging to Parish Council
- Painting and maintenance of High Street furniture
- Public open spaces
- Public seating
- Recreation grounds
- Red telephone kiosks
- Sports pitches
- Street lighting on some minor roads in the Parish
- Setting the annual precept for the Parish
- War Memorials at Waldron and Cade Street
- Waste bins (on Parish Council land only)
In addition, the Parish Council makes recommendations to:
- Wealden District Council in respect of planning applications in the Parish
- East Sussex County Council in respect of highway matters in the Parish
Website: www.hwpc.org.uk (you are on this website)
Wealden District Council
Council Offices, Vicarage Lane, Hailsham BN27 2AX.
Opening hours are 8.30 am to 5.00 pm weekdays, except Wednesdays when the opening hours are 9.00 am - 5.00 pm.
Telephone Number 01323 443322.
Emergency out of hours telephone no. 01323 644422.
Wealden District Council is responsible for:
- Bins and household recyclling
- Bonfire and environmental complaints
- Building regulations
- Car parks
- Council tax
- Empyting of dog bins
- Electoral roll
- Environonmental Health
- Household waste collections (including bulky items)
- Noise complaints
- Refuse collection
- Street cleansing
- Preservation of trees