Heathfield & Waldron Parish Council
Last updated 27/2/19
The purpose of this page is to describe what has been done to ensure that this website is as accessible as possible and adheres as closely as possible to the WCAG 2.1 AA standard within the budgetary confines of a local Parish Council. The content on this page has been written in plain English wherever possible.
The website adheres to the following accessibility
- This website does not require the use of a Mouse and is Keyboard accessible, keyboard interactions follow a logical order when using a tab function and there are no keyboard focus loops (which would trap a keyboard users interaction with this site.)
- All form inputs have been given explicit labels (*1) and where appropriate these include instructions.
- All images have been given an alt (alternative) description.
- Text has a minimum contrast ratio of 4.5:1
- Any files that are published are PDF documents (if your browser does not open these then you can download a reader at https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/) or Open XML standards (.docx or .xlsx)
- The site never loses focus, common navigation is always available at the top of the screen.
- Where forms are present, these include instructions.
- No ‘time-outs’ occur on the website.
- Headings are nested correctly.
- Links are unique and contextual.
- Page titles are descriptive.
- The website responds to screen magnifiers, screen readers and browser zooming to increase font size.
- The website uses valid HTML and is W3C valid (with the exception of some non-critical CSS)
*1 - The search form at the top of the page requires an explicit label and has been identified as an issue.
We will review accessibility on an annual basis, the date on the top of this document will show the last time this was done.
If you have difficulty using this website, please email email@example.com or call 01435 865700 and describe the issue you are having in as much detail as you can.
We will document your issue, investigate and if appropriate and feasible will make the necessary changes.
We will respond to your accessibility issue within 21 days of you reporting it. If we are unable to fulfil your request we will explain this to you in writing.